1. Gather all the doodles, notes and outlines I’ve been writing in between taking care of Rhia and write the first draft of my memoir.
2. Take care of my own health. Get that mammogram and the labs my doctor told me to get in June. Get my teeth cleaned.
3. Clean five months of dog hair, cookie crumbs and dirt from inside my car. Wash the seat covers. On second thought, take the car to someone who will clean all that crap for me.
4. Watch Dr. Who season 8, which is finally on Hulu and which I’ve had zero time to enjoy.
5. Indulge in my favorite hobby, terrarium and miniature garden making. Make enough good ones to sell so I can buy more plants. Mostly, this will be the time to shut off “mommy-mind” and turn on “creative-mind.”
6. Finish a pot of coffee.
7. See friends, especially the one who was injured this summer and who I promised to visit. But I haven’t been able to go anywhere because child is not in school.
8. Contact former clients and connect with potential new ones. I need more editing and copywriting work. Got any? Drop me a line. Please. My kid spent all my money this summer.
9. Trim my eyebrows.
10. Write, write, write, write, write…. and do that some more.